Tuesday, August 20, 2013

For when I am weak, then I and strong!

Our faith directs us away from illusions of competence and causes us to confront our helplessness and dependence on our gracious God. When we recognize our weakness, then Christ's strength can work through us.


2 Corinthians 12:9-10

And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

I started reading one of my Christian counseling books for school because I am too eager to wait until a teacher assigns the reading to me.  I came across a scenario of a client seeking help for his indecisive feelings about his faith being tested and ridiculed.  He wasn't sure what he believed anymore and I am suppose to "diagnose and help" my client.   I was running through the possibilities in my head and how I would go about "helping" him and 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 came to mind.  "for when I am weak, then I am strong."  How great is our God to lift us up even in our moments of doubt and weakness.  It's such an awesome feeling to know that no matter who or what is bringing you to your lowest, that God is working through you and making you even stronger than before!


No comments:

Post a Comment